Veteran Benefits


VA Assistant’s Office

Phone: (800) 228-5754


BBC is dedicated to serving our military and veteran students.

Visit the Office of Financial Aid for other types of aid and BBC scholarships that are available.  The Institution, an approved institution of higher learning by the State of Missouri, is eligible to train veterans and their dependents. Please visit our VA Assistant’s office for more information on military benefits.

Links to Service Branch Homepages

U.S. Army Air National Guard
U.S. Air Force Air Force Reserve
U.S. Navy Coast Guard
Army National Guard U.S. Marines

Veteran students to BBC may be eligible for several types of VA education and training benefits.

Different types of G. I. Bill benefits are briefly outlined below:

Review current payment rates for the following VA education and training programs:

Things to consider:

  • Amount of time varies according to when the Veteran enlisted and entered active duty.
  • You may receive a maximum of 48 months of benefits combined if you are eligible for more than one VA education program.
  • Spouses are generally eligible to receive benefits for 10 years. However, spouses of individuals rated total and permanent within 3 years of discharge and spouses of individuals who die on active duty are granted a 20 year eligibility period.
  • The Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) is a category of the Ready Reserve of the Reserve Component of the Armed Forces.
  • VA can pay the difference between the total cost of tuition and fees and the amount of Tuition Assistance paid by the military.

More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site here.

Military Tuition Assistance

*Tuition Assistance only pays for tuition, and will not pay for any fees.

How to Request Tuition Assistance:

Applying for your VA educational benefits can be done in just a few steps:

  • Apply online today if you know which benefit you want to use.
  • Visit your nearest VA regional office to apply in person.
  • Consult with the VA Certifying Official—who is usually in the Registrar’s or Financial Aid office—at the school of your choice. This official has application forms and can help you apply.
  • Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you


Scholarships for Service Members/Veterans:

External Aid Sources For Military Spouses and Dependents:

There are several education benefits available to dependents of veterans as well as surviving family members of deceased veterans. Ranging from scholarships to totally free school, these benefits are often overlooked. For more information on this please click here.

*sources: VA. network.