Government Grants

Federal Pell Grant

PELL Grant Program:

Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. (In some cases, however, a student enrolled in a postbaccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.) A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.  Students who are eligible can earn up to $5,920 for the 17/18 academic year.


  • Complete the FAFSA
  • Undergraduate student
  • U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen
  • Degree seeking
  • Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (6 years or 600%)


Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)– To get an FSEOG, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) so your college can determine how much financial need you have.  Students who will receive Federal Pell Grants and have the most financial need will receive FSEOGs first.  The FSEOG does not need to be repaid


  • Complete the FAFSA
  • Undergraduate student
  • Must be eligible for Federal Pell Grant
  • Financial Need Based: Expected Family Contribution (EFC) = 0
  • Funds are limited
  • Other criteria apply, subject to change

*Source- Federal student aid. An office of the Department of Education. and