How Should I Apply?
- 7 quick steps to filling out the FAFSA: https://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification/
- Complete the FAFSA online. Students are required to fill out a FAFSA every academic year.
- You must create an FSA ID, which is a username and password that you and your parents must have to be able to login to the FAFSA and other Federal student aid websites. Sign up for your FSA ID here.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to ensure accurate financial numbers in the FAFSA and to save time.
- You will be asked to include BBC’s school code on the FAFSA, which is (013208).
When Should I Apply?
- BBC’s FAFSA priority deadline is February 1, 2017 for current BBC students and August 1, 2017 for prospective BBC students.
- Applications for the FAFSA are open starting October 1 of every year and you will be using 2 year prior taxes.
What Happens Next?
- You will receive confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education that you have completed the FAFSA. Be sure to review the information you submitted and make any corrections as needed.
- BBC will email you to let you know we have received your FAFSA and will email you with any additional paperwork is needed.
- BBC will review your FAFSA and determine what aid you are eligible for and will send an official award letter to your permanent address.