6 Steps to Financial Aid
At BBC we want to make the process of applying for Financial Aid to help you pay for college as simple as we can. We have tried to simplify the process into 6 steps.
- Step 1: Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov with your FSA ID username and password and with BBC’s school code (013208). You must complete the FAFSA to be considered for any financial aid at BBC.
- Step 2: Apply for scholarships and other aid types. For more information on these aid options, visit our financial aid page. Learn about and apply for federal and private loan student loans here.
- Step 3: Award Notice. All students receive award notices by mail. New students (freshman and transfer) will also receive a paper award notification sent by regular mail to their permanent mailing addresses. The Financial Aid Award Letter displays the cost of tuition, fees, room & board and amounts of financial aid for which you are eligible.
- Step 4: Accepting Awards. You can review your award amount(s) and accept or decline any student loans that are offered. Pell Grant, FSEOG and institutional aid will be automatically accepted for you as this is free aid to you!
- Step 5: Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
- If you accept a Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized student loan, Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) are required for first-time borrowers to any college or university. Please click this link to complete this process.
- If your parent applies for the Parent PLUS Loan and is approved, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) is required for them as well as a first-time borrower. Please click this link to complete this process.
- Step 6: Receiving the Awards. Once you have accepted your awards and have completed loan counseling, your awards will disburse to your student account.